In here, you will be able to access information exclusive for this profession.
This Professional Regulatory Board reviews and plans the examinations that are given to aspiring professionals. This is done on a regular basis every year, to ensure that the exams are up-to-date and cover the varied scopes of the profession.
Another year is coming and the boards are looking to serve you better. Know more about the PRB and the many things it can do for your profession.
The Chairman and Members of the Board of Fisheries shall, at the time of their appointment, possess the following qualifications:
- Must be a natural-born citizen and resident of the Philippines.
- Must be at least forty (40) years of age.
- Must be of proven integrity and possessed of high moral and ethical values in his personal as well as professional conduct.
- Must not have been convicted in a final judgment of a crime involving moral turpitude.
- Must be a holder of at least a degree of Bachelor of Science in Fisheries or Bachelor of Science in Fisheries Education from a school, college or university established or recognized by the Government or abroad, preferably a holder of a master's or doctorate degree in fisheries or fisheries education and has been engaged in the practice of the fisheries profession for at least ten (10) years before his appointment.
- Must not be connected with any school, college or university granting a degree that qualifies graduates of such degree for admission to the licensure examination for fisheries technologists either as administrative official/employee or faculty member or as owner, partner or stockholder.
- Must not be connected with any review center or any entity conducting review classes for candidates in licensure examinations for fisheries technologists either as owner, partner or stockholder or reviewer.
♦ PRC RESOLUTION NO. 2000-664
Creation of the Board of Fisheries under the Professional Regulation Commission and for other purposes.
♦ REPUBLIC ACT NO. 8550
"The Philippine Fisheries Code of 1998"
AN ACT PROVIDING FOR THE DEVELOPMENT, MANAGEMENT AND CONSERVATION OF THE FISHERIES AND AQUATIC RESOURCES, INTEGRATING ALL LAWS PERTINENT THERETO, AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES
The Board of Fiesheries was created by the Professional Rgulation Commission in 2000 by issuing PRC Resolution 2000-664, Series of 2000, in May 2000, using Republic Act No. 8550 (Fisheries Code of 1998) as the legal basis.
The Chair and Members of the Board of Fisheries were appointed in December 2000 and took their oath of office at PRC with Chairman Hermogenes P. Pobre on December 20, 2000. The original Board composition was made up of Dr. Rogelio O. Juliano as Chairman, PCAMRD Deputy Director Cesario R. Pagdilao and ATI Deputy Director Asterio Saliot as members.
ATI Deputy Director Asterio Saliot was replaced by Dr. Catalino R. dela Cruz in November 2003.
The first licensure examination for Fishereies Technologists was given on October 1 and 2, 2003 in Manila.